The company Native Instruments has announced the next, third generation of the popular controller Maschine. It should be immediately said that the MK3 version differs from its predecessor much more than the version of MK2 from the original controller released in 2009. Maschine MK3 offers not only a more convenient and intuitive workflow, but also an enhanced functionality.
Perhaps the most important difference of the novelty from the previous model is the availability of high-quality built-in USB audio interface 24 bit / 96 kHz. Such functionality is not available either with the flagship product of the Maschine series, nor with the main competitor Maschine MK3 – Ableton Push. In addition to the built-in sound card, the updated controller can offer two large full-color LCD-displays of high resolution (similar to them installed in the aforementioned production system of Maschine Studio) and a multifunction joystick / encoder. Using them, you can view the library of sounds, cut samples, edit music parts and much more.
The Maschine MK3 also boasts bigger and responsive pads, a Smart Strip touch strip (it can be used to change the pitch, effect parameters and more) with LED indication, an updated transport section and additional buttons for quick access to the most frequently used functions . More detailed information about all the changes and innovations that appeared in the third generation of Maschine can be found on the website of the manufacturer.
Maschine MK3 from Native Instrument has a smoother body than the predecessor, and work on the controller has become more intuitive. The model has two color RGB-displays with high resolution for the convenience of the interface. They improve the process of selecting fragments, adjusting sound, editing notes, mixing, browsing and other visual tasks. Other hardware improvements include special function buttons and more sensitive panels – their location on the controller remains unchanged. Perhaps the most notable feature is the built-in 96 kHz / 24-bit audio interface. Thus, the Maschine MK3 turns into a part of the powerful portable equipment for studios and stands.
Release of the Native Instruments Maschine MK3 is scheduled for October 5th, but pre-order the controller can be issued on the official website now.
Native Instruments Maschine MK3 price
The cost of the product is the same $599 that was requested for the MK2 version.
Main Features of Native Instruments Maschine MK3
- The integrated hardware-software system includes a sampler, arranger equipment, a mixer, FX and much more.
- The 8GB MASCHINE library contains various samples, snapshots, loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits and songs.
- The buyer also gets access to the KOMPLETE 11 SELECT library (25 GB).
- 25 quality studio and creative effects, including filter, equalizer, delay, reverb and compression.
- 96 kHz/24-bit audio interface with two TRS line outputs and two ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” -dynamic microphone input, stereo headphone output, MIDI input and output and footswitch.
- Touch grips for setting parameters.
- Smart Strip for playing notes, bending tones, executing tracks with special effects, etc.
- Classic Groovebox functions, including 16 levels of speed, swing, scrolling, repeat, sequencer and emulation of the vintage MPC 60/SP-1200.