- 1 Top 10 irrigators
- 2 Best stationary irrigators
- 3 Best portable irrigators
- 4 Best irrigators, connected directly to the water supply
- 5 Which model of irrigator is better to choose when buying
For the health of your teeth
Irrigator of the oral cavity is called a device used for hygienic procedures. Its action consists in the formation of a thin stream of water, washing interdental spaces and removing food residues from them, soft plaque. In addition, with inflammatory periodontal diseases, the irrigator perfectly copes with cleaning periodontal pockets, removing infected contents from them. Upon the appointment of a doctor for washing, you can use special antiseptic solutions.
The best models of irrigators are described in our rating, compiled taking into account the opinion of dentists.
Top 10 irrigators
Best stationary irrigators
- Oral-B Professional Care Oxyjet+ 3000 – Production of the German company “Brown” two-year warranty, the kit includes fasteners to the wall, post-warranty repair is possible.
- Aqvajet LD-A7 – Made in Singapore by the Little Doctor company. The set includes 4 nozzles and fixation for wall fixation.
- Waterpik WP-100 – Manufacturer country USA, full set 7 different nozzles, after the warranty you can’t repair the device.
Best portable irrigators
- Waterpik WP-450 – The device produced by the American company powered by a rechargeable battery kit with 4 nozzles for different purposes and charging.
- Philips Sonicare Air Floss – Dutch Waterpik battery powered, complete one nozzle and a charger.
- Panasonic EW-DJ 71W – Irrigator made in Japan, powered by two AA batteries, has a single nozzle.
The best irrigators, which can be connected to the water supply
- SoWash Family – Production of the Italian company, the kit includes two filters and a key for connecting 4 conventional nozzles + 4 nozzles for massage.
Best stationary irrigators
Oral-B Professional Care Oxyjet+ 3000
Rating – 10.0
The device has two modes of operation (mono and microbubble) and five smoothly switching levels of water supply. The volume of the tank is up to 600 ml. The kit includes a container for storing attachments and 4 nozzles: for cleaning teeth, for polishing enamel, for cleaning dental spaces and orthopedic structures, for caring for the surface of the tongue. For each member of the family you can buy your own kit.
From the responses: Marie 29 years – After the daily use of the irrigator, I realized that another visit to the dentist for professional hygiene of the oral cavity can be postponed for another month to three.
- The reservoir is provided with a valve preventing liquid from escaping;
- Quite compact and easy to use;
- Reliable German quality;
- Possibility of repair and warranty service.
- It is difficult to clean out small parts that eventually become bloomed;
- high price.
Rating – 9.5
The device has 4 modes of regulation of water jet pressure, the water pressure force also varies. In the additional container you can store 4 standard nozzles with multi-colored rims, included in the kit.
From reviews: Alexis 29 years – Pretty comfortable irrigator for family use. However, the kit does not have enough baits for people with periodontal problems.
- Ease of use;
- Nozzles for the whole family.
- Noisy work;
- Absence of additional attachments;
- A short cord from the device to the nozzle;
- The nozzle is very tightly inserted and falls out at the maximum head.
Rating – 9.3
It has a microbubble water jet and a ten-level head of pressure. The number of pulsations of the water jet 1200. The kit includes 7 tips: the standard periodontal, orthodontic, for removing soft deposits, a brush and spoon for cleaning the tongue, a tip for spraying various solutions.
From reviews: John45 years – For a long time I have problems with the gums, the dentist advised me to buy an irrigator for oral care, while I’m happy with the purchase, it’s much easier to care for my teeth and gums.
- Silent operation;
- Small size;
- A compact compartment that can be used to store attachments;
- Ergonomic stylish design.
- Not all attachments are needed;
- Short wire;
- It is difficult to buy additional attachments;
- high price;
- Short duration of use (if the whole family uses the life of the device, it lasts for a maximum of 1.5 years);
- Impossibility of post-warranty repair;
- If there is no broken service center in the city, the device that is under warranty must be sent to the nearest center at its own expense.
Best portable irrigators
Oral irrigator Waterpik WP-450
Rating – 9.8
The new development of the American company Waterpik quickly gained popularity due to a combination of miniature and power. With a light weight (up to 350 grams), the device has two modes of fluid supply, a head regulator from 200 to 520 kPa, and a water jet pulsation rate of up to 1400. Standard and orthodontic attachments, an implant tip and a tongue brush are attached to the device. Additional kits can be purchased separately.
From reviews: Elisabeth 27 years old – The best irrigator – thanks to this model, my teeth are always on top, and I forgot about problems with gums. Now I visit the dentist only for preventive examinations.
- Light weight and size;
- Long keeps the battery charge;
- Has a large set of baits;
- It is convenient in use (it does not slip and can reach the most inaccessible places of the oral cavity).
- Small capacity of the reservoir for water (for full-fledged treatment it is sometimes necessary to fill the liquid twice);
- Lack of service centers;
- There is no post-warranty repair.
Waterpik WP-450 video
Irrigator Philips Sonicare Air Floss
The price is from $ 90 to $ 110.
Rating – 9.5
The device is sold with one standard nozzle, it is better to use it for those people who have already dealt with irrigation systems, since the force of the water jet is much larger than in many models and often causes the development of small bleedings with unprepared gums.
From reviews: Margharita 24 years – Such an expensive gift made to me by my husband after the birth of a child. During pregnancy, I began to develop caries between the teeth, the dentist advised to use the irrigator. After caries treatment and careful dental care, repeated caries does not appear.
- Compactness (the entire device is slightly larger than an electric toothbrush);
- The charge is enough for 2 weeks when used by one person, for the family it will be necessary to charge the device every few days;
- The device has an indicator of the status of the battery.
- A fairly high price;
- Too strong a stream of water;
- Small reservoir for liquid;
- Only one mode;
- Additional nozzles are produced only one color (for family members you will have to mark each nozzle yourself).
Irrigator Panasonic EW-DJ 71W
Rating – 9.3
A compact device with a strong head of water jet, can work continuously for up to 20 minutes. Nozzle only standard. Works on two finger batteries.
From the reviews: Leroy 24 years – The best irrigator, convenient, cleans teeth where it is impossible to get a toothbrush, cares for the gum, and most importantly it can be taken anywhere, even at a dacha, even on a hike.
- There is a leather case for the device;
- Works on ordinary batteries;
- affordable price;
- The water head is stronger than in many stationary models.
- There is only one nozzle;
- For thorough cleaning, it is necessary to fill the water twice.
Best irrigators, connected directly to the water supply
Irrigator SoWash Family
Price from $ 35 to $ 60
Rating – 10.0
The best irrigator for the whole family is among those dressing on the tap. Has two modes of use and 4 sets of nozzles, consisting of one standard and one for the whirlpool. If desired, you can buy other attachments, all the accessories of this company are suitable for any model of the irrigator it produces.
From responses: Ekaterina 43 years – After installation of implants, for care of them the stomatologist has advised to get the irrigator. After long hesitation, I purchased this model and was completely satisfied.
- Does not create noise;
- comfortable in using;
- affordable price.
- Confusing instruction;
- Difficult to connect to the tap for the first time;
- The inability to use antiseptic solutions and herbal medicinal herbs.
Which model of irrigator is better to choose when buying
When choosing an irrigator, in addition to the merits and demerits of the model, it is necessary to take into account:
- How many people will use it and what is their age;
- How often you need a device away from home – if you need frequent absences, it is better to stop picking one of the portable irrigators;
- Do you need to clean the oral cavity antiseptic fluid – if you want to use it better not to choose models of irrigators that connect directly to the tap.
Use the irrigator not for children younger than 6 years (they do not have the necessary manual skills), people with mental disorders, as well as those who need a pacemaker. Before buying the device you need to consult with a dentist, it will help you to orient yourself in a variety of models, taking into account the problems of the oral cavity.
Attention! There are contraindications, a specialist consultation is necessary